Boston Public Transportation
Both Cambridge and Boston are exceptional walking cities. But when you are looking to quickly and easily travel throughout our great cities, the convenient MBTA subway and bus lines will transport you to your destination. Our Harvard Square hotel is conveniently located adjacent to Cambridge's busiest transportation hub, the Harvard Square MBTA station. Visitors may purchase re-loadable "Charlie Tickets" from any MBTA station and many retail locations throughout the city, including Boston Logan International Airport. Click for additional information on driving directions.
When arriving at our hotel, there are several Boston public transportation options:
- The nearest Red Line station on the MBTA subway is at Harvard Square. Upon existing the subway station, you will head northwest on Massachusetts Avenue (with Harvard University on your right) approximately 600 feet and make a slight left on Garden Street. Our hotel is located just up the road at 16 Garden Street.
- Also at the Harvard Square MBTA station you will find several bus lines:
- 66 - Originating at Harvard Square, this line has a terminus at Dudley Station in the Roxbury neighborhood across the Charles River in neighboring Boston. This route passes through the neighborhoods of Brighton, Allston and Brookline.
- 68 - Originating at Harvard Square, this line has a terminus at the Kendall Square MBTA station, on the campus of MIT.
- 69 - Originating at Harvard Square, this line has a terminus at the Lechmere MBTA station in East Cambridge adjacent to the CambridgeSide Galleria shopping mall.
- 71 - Originating at Harvard Square, this line has a terminus in the community of Watertown.
- 73 - Originating at Harvard Square, this line has a terminus near McLean Hospital near the town line separating Belmont and Waverley.
- 86 - Originating at Sullivan Square in the town of Somerville, this line passes through Harvard Square en-route across the Charles River, terminating at Cleveland Circle, which is at the steps of Boston College.